Popular Posts

Motorcycle Views Newsletter

Saturday, March 24, 2007

Honda Recalls 2007 CMX250C for Crankcase Breather Defect

Honda has issued a recall of certain 2007 CMX250C motorcycles.

On certain motorcycles, the crankcase breather separator may be defected. During the molding process, the breather passage may have been blocked by a thin layer of the injected plastic material. This blockage will create a build-up of pressure inside the crankcase and may cause the left side engine seal to be pushed out of position and an oil leak will occur.

6784 units are affected.

Check out my Motorcycle Recalls feature for more details.

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

I have a new 2007 Honda Rebel with only 50 miles on it, I found out thru an internet website that my bike may be affected by a recall. I called Honda and sure enough my VIN showed up as a recall. I took it to the dealer but they haden't had any info on the recall. They kept the bike and said they would call Honda, they called back and said they would fix it but I don't know how long it will take because they would have to order the parts.......Well, there goes the weekend ride.....mayby more.........Arrrrrrgh!

Anonymous said...

Honda should of issued a recall as soon as they discovered the problem....I found out about it (march 07) on a motorcycle website and by calling Honda. The dealer didn't know anything about it but took my bike to check it out. I still don't have it back, I'm afraid to ride it anyway. They shouldn't have sold the bike to me in (June 07) without having checked it first. This sucks!!!!!