Popular Posts

Motorcycle Views Newsletter

Thursday, March 13, 2008

Kawasaki Recalls 2006-2008 Vulcan 900 Models for Fuel Leak Defect

Kawasaki has issued a recall of certain 2006-2008 Vulcan 900 Classic, Custom, and Classic LT motorcycles.

Model year 2006 VN900B6F, VN900B6FL, VN900D6F, VN900D6FL, model year 2007 VN900B7F, VN900B7FL, VN900C7F, VN900C7FL, VN900D7F, VN900D7FL, and model year 2008 VN900B8F, VN900B8FL, VN900C8F, VN900D8F and VN900D8FL motorcycles are in the recall.

The fuel hose may not be properly connected to the fuel injector delivery pipe. Continued use of the motorcycle can result in the fuel hose coming off, increasing the possibility of a fuel leak which could result in a fire or explosion.

31,789 units are affected.

Check out my Motorcycle Recalls feature for more details.

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Just as I expected, my dealer knew nothing about it. He even went to Kawasaki's dealer information website and found nothing.
What is your source for this information? With all due respect, why do you have this information before everyone else?

Unknown said...

If you follow the link back to my Motorcycle Recalls article, you'll find a link to NHTSA which does the database for all recalls. -- Walt

Anonymous said...

doesn't start till the 17th

Anonymous said...

I just checked my VIN on the owners page on Kawasaki.com and it says no outstanding recalls. I am suspicious

Unknown said...

I've noticed that the NHTSA summary report from which I obtained this data, now doesn't show it. However, if you insert the ID 08V114000 to search for the individual recall, it's there. Are they trying to hide this since it affects 31789 motorcycles? I don't know. -- Walt

Anonymous said...

I've just received my notification that this recall is accurate in Canada. My VN900D7F is affected.

Anonymous said...

THE RECALL NOTICE IS TRUE I RECEIVED A LETTER FROM KAWASAKI TO TAKE MY BIKE TO MY LOCAL DEALER WHICH IN TURN ORDERED THE PROPER CLAMP FOR THE GAS LINE PEOPLE DONT QUESTION A RECALL WHEN YOUR LIFE IS ON TWO WHEELS TAKE IT TO THE DEALER, THEY WILL RESEARCE THE PROBLEM FOR YOU.BY THE WAY MY CLAMP CAME IN YESTERDAY AND THE BIKE GOES IN FOR THE RECALL REPAIR THIS MORNING RIDE SAFE!!!!!

Anonymous said...

got the recall letter from Kawasaki for my Vulcan 900 - dealer looked up and printed the procedure to check this as I was first to come in (end of March) - informed me that it was fine... always better to be safe than sorry - and it is a real recall . .. my dealer had no problem finding this information on their computer! ... Bob / NC

Unknown said...

I just bought a 2008 900 custom yesterday. I will be sure to ask my dealer when I go in for the final paperwork on it!